Wednesday, December 2, 2009

December Thoughts

Things that made me HAPPY today and yesterday:
  • making delicious homemade squash soup! mmmm soooo good!
  • buying a poinsettia from Whole Foods to make my room look festive. (I named her Isabel - or Belle for short, in case you were interested. Now I have Mr. Yate's three plants (Stewart, Sham-wow, and Dracoban - Draco, for short) as well as Belle. They seem to be holding up well.)
  • buying CLEMENTINES! and eating them constantly! Emily LOVES clementines. - and for some weird reason - the brand is "Cuties" so they come with these weird stickers on them that say - "Root for Cute" and "Cutie SCORES!" etc. They also make me laugh.
  • the girl at UW-Steven's Point who asked NO questions about why my book was so overdue and instead gave me another month to turn it in! THANK YOU GIRL AT STEVEN'S POINT!
  • dressing up in my new dress for the formal party... and trying on shoes, different wraps, etc... --- see below
  • yoga today. I think I will need it. Although I hope my arm doesn't hurt from ---- see below...
Things that make me sad and stressed:
  • getting the H1N1 shot. I know I'm a baby, and it probably won't be so bad. But I always get stressed before shots because 85% of the time I get dizzy/faint/clammy and have to rest for 30 minutes.
  • this paper due in 7-8 days. I still don't have a thesis - not really sure what I'm writing about because my topic is HUGE and I need to narrow it down. AWESOME. I'm screwed.
Things that made me nostalgic:
  • I've been reading old Nottingham blogs lately. I didn't do it when I was in Nottingham - so I suppose I'm making up for it now? I started because I was looking for a certain picture and I thought one of them must surely have it on their blogs. And I found the picture. And then I couldn't stop reading. Masochistic? Definitely. It's torture. But some of my fellow Notters were such good writers. Also - great procrastination tool!
Things to look forward to:
  • Christmas at Luther - this weekend!
  • Dance Card Winter Formal - in Milwaukee this weekend! (I bought a new sparkly dress and I love it!) Should be fun, drinking, dancing, hoping there's a really cute normal guy there with no/appropriate sized facial hair who will want to dance with me. Hoping that certain guys will stay away... good fun.
  • Art History Christmas Party! fun fun fun, appetizers and wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment