Summer Song
William Carlos Williams
The Red Wheelbarrow
William Carlos Williams
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
Wanderer moon
smiling a
faintly ironical smile
at this
brilliant, dew-moistened
summer morning, -
a detached
sleepily indifferent
smile, a
wanderer's smile, -
if I could
buy a shirt
your color and
put on a necktie
sky-blue
where would they carry me?
This next one was on Who Wants To Be a Millionaire? tonight. I think the question was up to $100,000 and if I would have been the guy's lifeline I would have been WRONG. I was terribly ashamed of myself. SO! Here it is: I have committed it to memory and perhaps you should too. You never know what they might ask you on Millionaire...
The Red Wheelbarrow
William Carlos Williams
so much depends
upon
a red wheel
barrow
glazed with rain
water
beside the white
chickens.
No comments:
Post a Comment